PENILE IMPLANT SURGERY IN INDIA | ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION SURGERY IN INDIA (NEW DELHI)
You are reading about Penile Implant Surgery in India. On this page you will read in detail about erectile dysfunction surgery in India and Penile Implant Surgery cost in India.
Dr Vijayant Govinda Gupta is a Consultant Andrology and a Penile Implant Surgeon in India (New Delhi). He specialises in Mens Health Clinic Approach for treatment of Erectile Dysfunction. He is also a trained Sexologist. In this section we will talk about Penile Implants in the pathway to better sexual health.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp to +919592999184
Penile Implant Surgery Cost in India | PENILE IMPLANT SURGERY IN INDIA | ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION SURGERY IN INDIA
WHAT ARE PENILE IMPLANTS?
Penile implants are also knows as penile prosthesis. A prosthesis is an artificial body part. It may be made up of biological or engineered tissues. It is used for providing function to lost or diseased body organs. Penile implants are artificial constructed rods. These rods are are placed in the penis. For providing the patients with erectile dysfunction or impotence, adequate rigidity or tightness to have sexual intercourse. Men with ED cannot have erection. The blood flow in their penis is not enough. In these patients, penile implants provide artificial hardness.
With this hardness they can penetrate. Since outside the glans and penis have its own blood supply and sensation, they can enjoy sex and orgasm naturally.
Dr Vijayant Govinda Gupta provides the Best Penile Implant Surgery in Delhi at the Best Penile Implant Surgery Cost in Delhi
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF PENILE PROSTHESIS (TYPES OF PENILE IMPLANTS) ?
There are 3 types of penile implants in India. Each is different on the basis of construct, use and cost.
- Rigid – These penile prosthesis are rods that are fixed in size and diameter. These prosthesis always keep the penis rigid and erect. These prosthesis are the cheapest and easiest to place. They are also easy to manage. Whenever the patient wishes to have sex, he can just proceed to intercourse. But, by definition, because the penis is always erect, it can be uncomfortable to sleep and may be embarrassing because it shows from below the underwear. I do not use them anymore. They are purely of Historical Interest
- Semi Rigid or “Shah Prosthesis” – These prosthesis have a hinge mechanism, because of which the penis can be directed downwards during regular daily life to pass urine, or to sleep, and when sex is required, the penis can be directed. These are comparatively cheaper, but have excellent long term results and high satisfaction from patients. Their main advantage is their cost. Read more here.
- Inflatable prosthesis – These are the “Gold Standard” for penile implants. They are inflatable balloon like rods placed inside the penis with a control button placed inside the scrotum. Once sex is desired, the button is pressed which fills the balloons providing a natural erection fit for intercourse and satisfaction. These penile implants are directly imported into India. These are also of 2 types.
- 2 piece or Implants with no reservoir – example Ambicor
- 3 piece or Penile implants with reservoir – example AMS 700 or Coloplast Titan series
WHAT ARE THE INDICATIONS FOR PENILE IMPLANT SURGERY IN INDIA?
Not all men need penile implants. Many men do well without any of these. Penile prosthesis are usually indicated once, all other options have been exhausted. To read more options for ED read here.
- Severe arteriogenic Erectile Dyfunction – Blocked blood vessels after heart attack, diabetes etc
- Severe Venous Erectile Dysfunction – After injury or priapism attack
- Post traumatic erectile dysfunction – cut away penis, reconstructed penis or after PFUDD.
- Erectile Dysfunction in Old Men
- Post Surgery Erectile Dysfunction – Penile implants after radical prostatectomy
WHAT ARE THE CONTRAINDICATION FOR PENILE IMPLANT SURGERY IN INDIA?
Like any surgery, penile prosthesis is not suitable for all patients.
Firstly an active sexual life, with an understanding partner is required. Though penile prosthesis provides good cosmesis, the erection may not resemble a correct natural erection. And the patient needs to understand the limits of his prosthesis.
The patient must have sensation in his penis. He should also be in a physical and mental state to operate his prosthesis.
Any blood disorder, infections and stricture disease are contraindications to prosthesis.
Active cardiac disease where sexual activity is generally contraindicated are again a contraindication to the prosthesis.
Penile implants are not indicated for psychogenic and neurogenic impotence.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF PENILE IMPLANT SURGERY?
The most important side effect of penile implant is infection. Remember the implant is a foreign body. The body may decide to not accept it. It may also reject it. Or bacteria may get on it and cause infection.
Infection is a dreaded complication and can cause loss of the implant and the penis in severe cases.
This requires that the implant is placed in a highly sterile environment (implant ot) by a technically sound penile implant surgeon with a “NO TOUCH Technique”.
To prevent infections the steps I follow in my surgery are
- Use ultra sterile Operating Rooms
- Minimize entry of unnecessary staff and doctors
- Use good quality materials and antibiotics
- Use a sound no touch technique with minimal bleeding
- Sterile recovery rooms
- Early mobilisation of patient and implant
WHAT IS THE PENILE IMPLANT SURGERY COST IN INDIA?
Penile implant surgery in India is significantly cheaper than internationally. Comparative prices in India for Penile Implant surgery are usually half. REMEMBER – THE IMPLANT IS IMPORTED FROM THE US AND HENCE IMPLANT COST REMAINS THE SAME.
Penile Implant Surgery Cost in India (Breakup Matrix)
- Choice of Implant
- Shah or Semi Rigid Penile Implant (Indian Make) – 35000 INR (700 US Dollar)
- American Semi Rigid Implant (US Make) – 2,25,000 INR (3200 USD)
- Ambicor or 2 Piece penile Implant Cost – 4,50,000 INR (6450 US Dollar)
- AMS 700 or 3 Piece Inflatable Penile Implant Cost in India – 7,50,000 INR (10750 US Dollar)
- Coloplast Titan 3 Piece Inflatable Penile Implant – 6,25,000 INR (8930 US Dollar)
- Choice of Implantation Centre
- Premium Daycare Centre with Grade A facilities – 1,75,000 INR (2500 US Dollar)
- Choice of Stay
- 3 Star Hotel – 7000 INR / night (100 USD)
- 4 Star Hotel – 9000 INR /night (150 USD)
- 5 Star Hotel – 15000 INR / night (250 USD)
So as you can see penile implant surgery cost in India can vary from 210000 INR (3200 US Dollar) to 925000 INR (13500 US Dollar)
- 2 piece Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Surgery all Inclusive for 6,25,000 INR (9000 USD)
- Semi Rigid Penile Implant complete Package for 210,000 INR (3200 USD)
All packages include
1 Night Hospital Stay
If Stay is booked then additional Free
Private Nurse with Stay
Airport Transfers and All Meals
Dr Vijayant Govinda Gupta is a Penile Implant Surgeon in Delhi India who can provide you the excellent results with your penile implant surgery.
Contact me via Email or leave a message. Or take an appointment to discuss matters further.