Foreskin Problems in Boys is very common. Phimosis treatment in Children in now easily available in New Delhi India. Dr Vijayant Govinda Gupta is an expert in treatment of Foreskin Problems of Boys and treating Phimosis in Children in New Delhi India.
Email on email@example.com
Call 09592999184 to schedule an appointment
Foreskin Problems in Boys | Tight Foreskin in Children
What is a Foreskin?
Prepuce is the skin covering over the tip of the penis (glans) in children. Prepuce is also called as the foreskin. In Delhi, Prepuce is not routinely removed except in the substantial Muslim population. In Hindus and many other religions like the Sikhs and the Jains the prepuce is not touched. Read about prepuce here. Read in Hindi.
What are the common Foreskin Problems in Boys ?
The prepuce or foreskin is a skin covering over the penis. Ideally, it will not cause any problems and is normal in boys. This foreskin usually retracts completely by age 3 years in most children. This happens automatically and does not cause any problems in children. Sometimes the foreskin may cause some problems in young boys.
It may cause the following problems in children boys
- Pain – Child may suffer from pain, burning, irritation to penis if penis is not cleaned
- White discharge – Some whitish materials or hard material like keratin pearls may collect under the skin
- Difficulty in passing urine – if the hole is closed very tight the child may face burning or difficulty in passing urine
- Infection and UTI – Child may develop recurrent infections of kidney and urinary tract
- Parental concern – Mothers or family may be alarmed by the closed foreskin
When is the foreskin problem in boys called Phimosis in Children?
Usually the foreskin will retract on its own by the age of 3 years. If the foreskin in young boys is not retracted by age of 3 years or they have the following problems it is called phimosis in children.
- White discharge
- Infections again and again
- Burning in urine
- Extremely tight opening
If any of the following conditions exist then the child requires treatment for his foreskin problem.
What are the options for phimosis treatment in children?
The treatment for a tight foreskin or Phimosis can be any of the following –
- Circumcision – Read my excellent article here.
- Dorsal Slit – Read more here.
- Stretching and adhesiolysis under anesthesia
- Medical treatment with steroids or creams – like Betnovate
If Foreskin problems in Boys treatable in Delhi India?
Yes, excellent care and treatment for all kinds of foreskin problems in boys is available in Delhi. I specialise in treatment of Phimosis in Children in Delhi. Take and appointment today or leave a message on firstname.lastname@example.org for a free E Consult. For Circumcision in Delhi NCR – read here.