BEST PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY DELHI-PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY GURGAON
WHAT IS PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY?
Partial nephrectomy is the emerging gold standard for management of kidney cancer worldwide. It is the new standard of care for small kidney tumors, or kidney tumors less than 4 cm in size.
In this surgery, instead of removing the entire kidney, only the kidney tumor is removed, hence preserving the kidney.
INDICATIONS OF PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY
- Small renal masses – less than 4 cm
- Single kidney – patients with only one kidney
- Multiple tumors
- Tumors in both kidneys
- Patient choice
- Patient at risk of kidney failure in the future – Diabetics and hypertensives
ADVANTAGES OF PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY
- Saves the kidney – tomorrow if you lose the other kidney, you will have a back up
- Prevents damage to other kidney – It is theorized that removal of one kidney puts extra stress on the other kidney, and may lead to kidney failure.
DISADVANTAGES OF PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY
- More blood loss
- Technically demanding procedure
- Longer operating time
- Higher complications – like urine leak, fever etc
But with refinement of technique, partial nephrectomy is almost equivalent to radical nephrectomy today.
APPROACHES TO PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY
- OPEN PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY – Using a subcostal incision, under vision the tumor is removed carefully
- ROBOTIC PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY – Emerging gold standard
- LAPAROSCOPIC PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY – Losing to robotics
WHAT IS NSS OR NEPHRON SPARING SURGERY
Nephron sparing surgery or NSS is a synonym for partial nephrectomy.
BEST PARTIAL NEPHRECTOMY DELHI
Dr Vijayant Govinda Gupta provides the best treatment for kidney cancer in Delhi and Gurgaon. Take an appointment.
Or leave a message.